Thursday, July 8, 2010

Gotta Get Your Fall Fix!

ph.  zorian  

Fall fashion previews have begun!!!!!
I spent the other morning watching the 2010-2011 fall shows and I must say a few of them had me longing for winter. If you haven't checked them out yet here are a few of my favorites.
  • Hermes.....Dapper Street Steampunk with classic easy to find staples. Long black umbrellas, Derby, black tie white shirt, leather trenches, camel and black, silk top hats and leather waist coats
  • Dior.....Romantic Boudoir Steampunk Perfection. One of my favorite collections featuring chocolate leathers, frothy layers, OTK boots, over-sized Mad-hatter hats, ruffled OTK socks with ribbons and lace, fur bags and a beautiful blended color pallet of taupe ecru nude dusty rose gray and espresso. Also there were these whimsical layered pearl necklaces with wispy feather detailing I just couldn’t keep my eyes off them.
  • Balmain.....Steampunk Aristocrat. The jackets in this collection were Neo Victorian Perfection! Paired with sheer billowy ascot blouses and metallic brocade second skin pants. The beaded fringe sleeve detailing threw out was memorizing. Luxe lame fabrics paired with sequin and feathers..... and did I mention the Brocade Jackets?!  Love Them!!
  • Ralph Lauren Collection.....Street Steampunk. This was an amazing collection by Ralph. Sheer billowy florals paired with fingerless lace gloves, bodysuits and textural cozy outerwear. I could Live in this collection. The noir beaded gowns were iconic and the faceted black beaded necklaces threw out are reminiscent of the Victorian and flapper era.



    If you find your self needing a fall fix or you just want to see some amazing Steampunk Fashion check out these shows on youtube. 

    Vintage Noir Beaded sheer gown. Pleaser Victorian boots. Ostrich feather fascinator by Aria. 

1 comment:

Cindy Van Dyck said...

Hayhay!
How are you? Your blog is great and I love your style! I'm glad that I've visited yours.

Please, check mine, & maybe we can follow eachother? + join my giveaway!
Thanks and love,
Cindy